Have you recently missed your scheduled flight with American Airlines? No worries as the American Airlines missed flight policy allows you to rebook the flight. You should check out the following post to get the further details.
If your flight has been canceled or delayed leading to missed connection, the airline will rebook the next available flight for free. American Airlines does not charge the rescheduling fee when the travel date changes due to bad weather or the delay caused by the airline.
If you have also missed a flight with AA, get through the whole post to learn the missed flight policy and rebooking procedure.
What happens if you miss a flight with American Airlines?
If you have missed your connection due to bad weather or a valid reason, American Airlines will rebook the same flight for free of cost. However, it would be possible only when you have arrived between 15 minutes before departure and 2 hours after flight’s departure.
Check out the following information to get a better understanding of AA missed flight policy.
American Airlines Missed Flight Policy
Here, you will get to know the complete details on the American Airlines missed flight policy. You would be glad to know that the airline will refund for the missed flights. Proceed further to know the additional policies for the same.
- If you missed the flight due to the valid reasons, the airline will rearrange the new one for free of cost. So you don’t need to worry if you reach 15 minutes late before departure till the 2 hours after departure.
- You may also contact American Airlines and request for other seats to the next available flights.
- Or, you can reach the nearest airport to arrange the next available flight.
- You should show up for the missed flight to the airline on time. If not, the airline will cancel the entire value of your ticket. Also, you may get assistance regarding the missed flight policy by connecting with a live person at AA.
How Much is the American Airlines Missed Flight Fee?
Wonder what cost will American Airlines charge for the missed flights? There is nothing to worry about as the airline doesn’t charge when you miss your connection due to valid reasons. To learn more about the missed flight fee, look at the given points.
- If you change or cancel a flight within 24 hours of purchasing, the airline will charge $75.
- Once you have crossed the 24-hours window, you will be bound to pay $200 as the cancellation or change fee.
- According to the AA missed flight policy, if you don’t show up for the flight, the airline will cancel the entire value of your ticket.
- Also, you don’t need to pay for the changes in the travel dates due to bad weather or other valid reasons.
What to do when you miss your American Airlines flight?
You might be wondering what to do after missing a flight with American Airlines. You have already got through the missed flight policy for aa. As per the policy, the airline will automatically rebook the next available flight. If not, you may request to rebook the other flight by connecting with American Airlines Customer Service.
You have to follow one of the listed methods after missing your flight with AA.
Get Connected with American Airlines Customer Service
You may ask for assistance by calling a live person at the airline. Here are the step-by-step instructions to talk to a live person at AA.
- Dial 800-433-7300 customer service number to connect with a live representative.
- After that, press 1 to get solutions regarding current reservation.
- Press 2 to rebook a new flight.
- Press 3 to get help with baggage or check-in services.
- Press 7 to speak to a live person at American Airlines.
- Lastly, follow the voice menu to get your queries answered.
Via Email Service
You may also get in touch with representatives via email regarding the same. Emailing is one of the best and easiest ways to connect with a live person at American Airlines. Here, you just need to compose an email regarding rebooking a flight and send it to the official email ID of the airline.
Lastly, you have to wait for their positive response.
Through the Live Chat Option
Another option is to get assistance with rebooking a flight is using the live chat option. You can use this option at any time as AA’s representatives are working around the clock. To use this option, follow the below-mentioned instructions respectively.
- Initially, visit the official website of American Airlines.
- After that, look for the chat box option and type in your query.
- Click the send button and wait to get a response from them.
Through Social Media Services
As you know, you can reach American Airlines via various social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram. This method can also be opted in a case of missing flight with AA. For this, you are required to choose one of the appropriate platforms and then connect with representatives via texting your query.
Use Text Service Option
The last way to connect with an AA live person is via the text service option. You can text the representative of American Airlines at any time. For this, you have to type HELP and send it to 447950080989.
What happens if you missed your connecting AA Flight?
If you have also missed your connecting flight with aa, it is mandatory to look for the process for rebooking. Well, it is not much difficult to reschedule the flight with American Airlines.
Take a glance at the following instructions to rebook American Airlines missed flight.
- Initially, call the American Airlines phone number and inform them about your missed flight.
- Next, the airline will automatically arrange the next flight for free only when you have been on the standby list.
- If you have not been a standby passenger, make a request to reschedule the next available flight on the same day. No matter whatever the reason for missing the connecting flight, the AA’s representatives will assist you.
- Else, you may request to change the flight or ask for flight credits in return. Or, wait until they arrange the next available flight on AA.
- After rescheduling the flight, the airline will send a confirmation mail on your registered email ID.
You should try to arrive at least 15 minutes before the flight’s departure at the airport.
How to rebook a new flight with American Airlines?
The airline allows its passengers to rebook the flight via both ways online and offline. Apply the underneath steps respectively to rebook a new flight on AA. Firstly, we have explained the online method to reschedule a flight.
- Visit the official website of American Airlines.
- After that, go to the Trips section.
- Next, type in the first and last name of the passenger and booking confirmation code in the respective fields.
- Choose the Find Your Trip option.
- Lastly, check whether you get an option to change a flight or not.
If you failed to apply the online steps and seek the experts help, go with the offline method. In this method, you just require dialing a toll-free American Airlines customer service number. Once the call connects, choose your preferred language and follow the instructions to talk to a live person.
What happens if you have missed AA flight on a non-refundable ticket?
Well, it is easy to get American Airlines Missed Flight Refund on the refundable tickets. But what if you have missed a flight on a non-refundable ticket? As per the latest missed flight policy, it is important to cancel the flight in advance to get refunds on non-refundable tickets.
There could be little difficulty to make changes on non-refundable tickets. However, you can easily make changes to the refundable tickets without any charges.
What is the American Airlines 15-Minute Rebooking Policy?
As per the latest American Airlines rebooking policy, passengers who arrive 15 minutes late to get to their destination can use this policy to rebook their flights. This policy helps them to travel on the next available flight at no cost.
However, the 15-minute rebooking policy will be applicable only on the passengers who arrive 15 minutes after the flight’s departure. Read the following table to know the exact details regarding this policy.
|Time of Arrival||Rebooking Procedure|
|Check-in after 15 minutes of flight departure.||The airline will automatically arrange the next available flight.|
|Between 15 minutes before departure to 2 hours after departure||American Airlines standby policy will apply.|
Still having questions related to AA missed flight? If yes, you either visit the official website of the airline or talk to a live person. The best way to connect with AA live representatives is via dialing the toll-free customer service number.
See More Related Blog: How to Cancel American Airlines Flights?